Snow Day!

I live in Fort Worth, TX.

Two days ago the weatherman mentioned the dreaded "I" word: ice. I think he probably said it in jest, maybe even just to throw a little variety into his weathercast (60 degrees and sunny probably got a little monotonous for him).

He mentions that under the right circumstances there could be a slight possibility of a scenario in which a drop or two of precipitation might freeze, and the city shuts down. It's raining here today, but when I got up to go to Bible study this morning at 5:30, the temperature was a cool 35 degrees. It's somewhere around 45 right now.

It's a tough life living in Fort Worth... I'd blog more, but I'm afraid they're going to start rationing electricity or bandwidth - you never know.

5 comments:

Kara said...

I love when the weather men get a little creative like that. If you want ice...come up here!

lisa said...

wow. Soon sunny and 60 might be what my weather man says to shake things up a bit...

viva la snow angels!

Unknown said...

So- you should know that you're quoted often. As Dave and I are searching through the whole 'what is church to us?' concept, at least once a week it's said, "have you read Chris's blog lately? He was talking about...."

We can't wait til you start writing your own books! God's given you an awesome gift for writing and I'm so blessed by the way that you use it! - USE IT BIGGER!!!!

lisa said...

I second Alicia! And I'd like to go ahead a order an autographed copy of that first book...

Chris Freeland said...

You guys are hysterical.

Thanks for the encouragement... but you have to have something original worth saying before you get to write a book. I just steal stuff from other people and put it in my own words.

But as soon as I figure out something to say, you guys can be my publicists!