This is Powerful

This made the rounds on the blogosphere yesterday, and is more powerful than anything I could have written today.


As some of you who know me personally know, I went through some health challenges of my own in 2006. For a while, it looked like I was going to get to have brain surgery myself. It was a scary time for Kari and I, and we trusted God. But I never, never had the kind of mature perspective in that trial that Matt Chandler exhibited last week. And my trial was nothing compared to his.

I was thankful that God preserved me from something worse, and trusted Him to make it better. Matt is thankful for the trial because it gives him the platform to make much of God, whether or not God makes it better.




3 comments:

Kara said...

Myabe I am slow today, but I can't get the link to work.

Chris Freeland said...

Try it now. Sorry about that.

Deb said...

The shaneskyles comment links to an offensive site. Thought you might want to delete it if that's possible.