Melt Me

Had a great lunch today with one of the guys who is involved in the young singles ministry to talk about the small group he's leading. He wants to challenge them more effectively and be more intentional about shaping their lives. It was a great conversation - he's the kind of guy you pray God will send you to lead one of your small groups if you're a pastor.

He made a comment that was pretty profound as we were talking about how difficult it is to build into the lives of people.

"When I think about ministry, I'm reminded of that old hymn "Spirit of the Living God," where we sing the chorus 'melt me, mold me, fill me, use me.' But we don't really believe it. Everyone wants to be molded, filled, and used, but nobody wants to melt."

That's good stuff.

2 comments:

lisa said...

i find myself thinking of this often. it really is great.

eek said...

But melting is te truest way to become part of matter on the atomic level. God created everything... so he created our basic make up, it means something despite what anyone wants to say. Melt, and metaphysically, feel that energy.