Family Friday - Anniversary Month

Yesterday was a fun day. I spent yesterday morning and early afternoon in various meetings, ran home to let the dog out, and then ran to a wedding rehearsal and then met Kari at the rehearsal dinner.

Oh yeah - it was our anniversary.

Depending on which side of the aisle you're on, I'm a (1) grossly negligent husband, (2) genius for allowing someone else to pay for my anniversary dinner.

The good thing is this: In my family, we celebrate anniversary and birthday month, not just a day. It works out pretty well - especially around birthdays.

Beginning June 19th, I get to claim "birthday month" for anything I want. That extends through August 19th, one month after my birthday. It's really fun when you are trying to decide where you want to eat for dinner:

Me: I'm feeling like pizza.
Kari: Gross.
Me: Birthday Month.
Kari: Crap.

Birthday Month is the super-trump-card my mom started when we were young that allows us to get our way whenever we want it. It's my favorite time of year.

So, I don't worry about the fact that someone else paid for our dinner last night and it was ultimately pretty unromantic. It's anniversary month - I'm sure Kari will get a nice dinner at some point... just as soon as she cooks it up.

I'd post more today, but I'm off to hit some golf balls. Don't I have a billion other things to do? Sure I do, but it's birthday month.

3 comments:

lisa said...

"just as soon as she cooks it up???"

you won't be posting anymore today. no, today you will be found begging for mercy.

by the way, i like the idea of month long celebrations. my family does that too, only it's because we are all infamously late with getting our gifts to one another in the mail. so it feels like our birthdays are a month long because that's how long it takes for us to receive all our cards and well wishes. :)

Graham said...

happy birthday Chris...

Kara said...

Happy belated anniversary and birthday! Be nice to your wife:) Just ask Cory about bad birthday dinners...