Because she said I wouldn't...

Kara and her husband Cory have been good friends since my single college days. They were always such great encouragers, and a fine example to a young single guy of a godly married couple - even though they're not much older than me. Well, it seems Kara fell prey to one of those blogspam deals that comes around every once in a while - you know, the ones where you're supposed to bare your soul and then tag ten other people to do the same.

I hate those things, but I love Kara and Cory, so I'll oblige her just this once. (And only because she challenged me by saying I'd never do it). So enjoy it...


Here's what you have to do...1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages.)2. Open the book to page 123.3. Find the fifth sentence.4. Post the next three sentences.5. Link back to the person who tagged you.6. Tag five people.

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages.)
I'm just finishing a book called "I became a Christian and all I Got was this Lousy T-Shirt." To be honest, it's not very good. The guy has some really good ideas - even some genuinely great ideas... but spends so much of his time trying to be funny that you lose all the good ideas. (The joke about "taking on... handicapped kids" was so far over the top I can't believe the book ever made it through an editor... it's on page 91, I'm not making this up). But, it's the closest and those are the rules of Kara's little Spam game, so I'll play along.

2. Open the book to page 123.
Mkay...

3. Find the fifth sentence.
"Will we speed through life at 150 miles per hour with a disintegrating soul?"

4. Post the next three sentences.
Or we will [sic] walk with Jesus at 3 miles an hour with a soul that is continually restored? If we want to keep pace with God, we must change our speed. Koyaanisqatsi or vyinafeshing?

5. Link back to the person who tagged you.

6. Tag five people.
Hmm. I hate to do this to you guys, but Kara made me.
Let's hear from Drew, Lisa, Heath, Corey, and Graham.

2 comments:

Graham said...

Hi Chris...

I already was tagged for this one... sorry! you can read mine, it was kinda embarrassing at first because the closest book was one of my kids, but I did eventually pick up one of the books I am actually reading so I cheated a little...

Kara said...

I am so impresssed...you made me laugh out loud! Thanks! The boys are even looking at me funny :)