Family Friday
















We're getting to see faces like this more and more. Although Casen still favors the "contemplative," "studious" look, we're to a place where he's responding to us a little more. At times he catches your eye and smiles - it doesn't get much better than that. 

Kari and her mom are taking him for his two-month appointment today, which means the dreaded first round of shots. No, I'm not going. 

I endured the epidural, the IV in the hospital, and the blood-letting during Casen's two-day follow-up, all without passing out. Kari and I both agreed that we would be testing our luck for me to try to go today. So, Kari and her mom are going to do the deed, and I'm going to deal with the aftermath. Something tells me the responses I get this afternoon are going to be a bit different from the responses I'm getting this morning. 

He's sleeping better too. That makes a huge difference  all the way around. He's happier, Kari's happier, and I'm happier. At least for now, we seem to have turned a corner. 

My buddy Erick swears that the only reason pastors have children is for sermon illustrations. I don't know about that, but I do know that having a son has better informed my view and appreciation of God as a loving Heavenly Father who desires the response of His children. 

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as beloved children." Ephesians 5:1

2 comments:

lisa said...

what a beautiful mug! i'm looking forward to the day Jack first smiles at ME and not the rumbly of his tumbly. and yay for you that you're all getting more sleep. i'm NOT there yet.

someday.

Kara said...

shots are so not fun! i give my kiddos a good round of tylenol before going to that appt!

we too are getting more sleep with cole, that is always good!

get casen all decked out in orange on saturday...GO POKES!