Good Morning!

Last night was a pretty good night. Casen ate about every 2.5 hours, and Kari and I slept for about 2.5 hours total. I guess if you're going for symmetry, that's a pretty good day. He spent most of the time with his friends in the nursery so Mom and Dad could pretend to sleep without worrying about every little sigh and snore (he "breathes sweetly" like his mother).

Kari's enjoying Orange Juice this morning for the first time since she was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes several months ago. She enjoyed a piece of a Hershey bar from our friends Chris and Jen, and a chocolate chip cookie last night. Casen's blood sugars all look great too.




If you're in Fort Worth and are wanting to meet the little guy, we'd love to see you. Kari's going to take a shower here in a few minutes, and Casen's waiting in the nursery to see the pediatrician. At some point today, he's going to go the way of all good little Jewish babies, so he might be out of commission for some of you. Between that and a fairly rigorous feeding schedule, he'll try to work you into his busy day!
I think after this I'm going to start posting pictures at Kari's new blog - http://thefreelandfam.blogspot.com/. That way I don't jam up the RSS feed of those of who you are not really interested in baby pictures! I'll limit my bragging to Family Friday. Of course, how can you resist this face?



10 comments:

Kara said...

Okay, I didn't check in on you yesterday so imagine my surprise when Cory finally checked your blog about those leadership summit posts and asked me whose baby was on here. You have probably not seen a preggo woman get off the couch so fast!

Anyways, he is too precious! I only know two more handsome little fellows so far :) I also love the name, I have never seen or heard it before! Congrats on parenthood, we wish you and Kari all the best!

Robin said...

Sounds like you guys had a decent first night! Congrats! I bet Kari is enjoying all that sugar again :)

Unknown said...

Congrats to both of you! I would love to come and visit but I don't think you want your son ending up with a head cold:) Give Kari a hug for me!
~Jacklyn

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys! Beautiful baby!!!! I am so happy for you guys! Let me know if you want some newborn pictures :)

BJ and Shalene said...

Congratulations! We're so excited for both of you. Please let me know if I can do anything for Kari. Little Trey and I may try to head up there this afternoon (BJ likely can't join), but we won't stay long. I'll have BJ call you Chris to let you know for sure. Many blessings!

Phil Johnson said...

Congratulations.

Coupla things:

1. I'm really glad you got "Knox" in there.

2. He inherited his good looks from his mom. That's an answer to prayer.

3. I personally think "Big Momma" is a fine thing for a kid whose middle name is Knox to call his grandmother. Teach him well.

Way to go.

Deren W said...

Don't deny that you named your kid Knox because Brad Pitt did.

Hey, how long will y'all be in the hospital? We'd love to come say hi real quickly if Mama and baby are up to it. BTW, he is beautiful--and he has his mama's eyes!!!

Chris Freeland said...

Deren,

Actually, we were sold on the name before Brangelina... That almost cost Casen a perfectly good middle name.

It's a family name, so we had it first. Brangelina stole it from us.

And, we should be here until tomorrow morning sometime. He'll be hit or miss tonight because I think he's getting some snippage. No idea when that will happen though.

K and I will be here though...

Unknown said...

I, too, like Fat Boy and Big Momma. People don't get to choose their nicknames! How would someone ever get the nickname "stinky" or "zero"?

I think those nicknames are stuck!

Nice photos. Sure was afraid he'd start off looking like his grandpa's baby pictures...ugh!

Joey

Amber Ayarza said...

Well hey hey hey! You did it!!!! Yay! We are so happy for you all, and will keep you in our prayers......you have a long road ahead of you! LOL. I know its hard but try and take advantage of any sleep opportunities you may get. Trust me! Looking forward to seeing the Freeland bunch soon! Tell Kari she looks beautiful!!