Relentless - Bill Hybels

- Re: Chuck Colson - I hope I'm as fired up as that guy is when I'm 76.

- (Quoting Mother Theresa) If God imparts Himself to us fully, do we respond with only a fraction of ourselves? How could we?

- Are you the kind of person who is lighting up the radar screen in the heavens right now by your yieldedness, willingness to do God's will without delay by refusing him nothing

- I meet leaders all the time who want to lead a bigger deal more than they want more of God in their life. They wish God would carte blanche cooperation with their plans.

- If you were God for a day, would you pick you for additional entrustments?

- There is a direct correlation between carte blanche cooperation - white flag surrender, and receiving a fresh assignment from God.

- Don't ever extinguish something new that God is trying to give life to in this world through your life. Embrace calling from God without delay. Refuse God nothing. You will never regret it.

- Outlast the opposition. Out pray the problems. Wear out those who stand in the way... who knows what God might do if you hang on to the vision He has for your life.

- (Quoting Mother Theresa) Even though I don't feel His presence for long periods of time, I will seek to love Him as He deserves to be loved.

- I don't know why I go through periods of my life where I can't feel the warmth of His Spirit more than people think I ought to feel it... but [I will] continue to serve Him anyway.

0 comments: