Still truckin'

Kari's still trying to get some rest. She's got Fresh Prince of Bel Aire playing in the background, and a blood pressure monitor and heart monitor that keep making noise, but she's doing pretty well. We think Big Mama and Fat Boy Freeland will be here shortly, and Millie and Boppo Williams to be here sometime just after them.

Doctor is estimating that the baby will probably arrive sometime around 7 or 8pm, so if the details bore you, you might check back before bedtime to see the excitement. To quote my pastor, "don't describe the labor, just show me the baby."

As for pictures, my cousin-in-law Phil Barrett just emailed me a PSA. Kari and I both got a kick out of it, so I'm sure he won't mind me sharing it with you.

"Chris,

I checked out your blog and I hope I am not too late. I noticed you are taking pictures of your wife in the delivery room and you were inside 15’. Are you crazy man? What are you thinking? You MUST maintain at least a 15’ safe barrier while taking pictures of your wife while in labor. If not, you may find yourself downstairs in the O.R. getting your camera surgically removed from your body. (I personally recommend a 15’ safe barrier at all times) PLEASE!!! DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER AND THE CAPABILITIES OF A WOMAN IN LAROR. It is sometimes frightening but just hang tough. My last caution: Do not let your wife get a hold of your hand or any part of your body during a contraction…. It WILL get crushed! (15’ safe barrier)

Call me in a week and we can discuss post partum depression. WOW, there’s a topic.

Good luck and let us know when “C” arrives.

Phil"

4 comments:

Brenda Liniger said...

Dads perspective of the situation varies greatly from the moms. Keep the info coming, your humor is great and we want all the details,,,,you can share all the details with me!

Deren W said...

YAY! Hang in there Kari! We are praying for you guys (especially for Chris). Can't wait to meet your little bundle of joy! We have full confidence that God will keep Chris on his feet today!

Robin said...

I seriously love these almost play-by-play updates! It's keeping me entertained and very excited for y'all!

Kitty said...

This is fun! It's only 10 am in New Zealand, so there no rush. relax.
take your time. really